Due to a technical hitch I was unable to attend last week’s class on “mashups.”
To catch up on what I missed out on I went to wikipedia for a simple definition and found “A mashup is a website or application that combines content from more than one source into an integrated experience.” It sounded exciting with many potential educational applications.
However, my search hasn’t progressed very far, using del.icio.us I was able to find these two promising sites http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/2006/11/25-things-to-do-with-google-maps.html (25 things to do with google maps)
and
http://www.techlearning.com/story/showArticle.php?articleID=187002846 (using google maps mashup in K-12 education).
Most of the other links posted to del.icio.us also involved google maps with some others referring to flickr. There were also numerous links to software to create mash ups. Can anyone enlighten me on more educational applications for mash ups?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joanne, it was decided last week that most of us had actually developed mash-ups when doing our FLE tasks - serendipity or good planning? Ted was pretty happy with the results - that's what counts isn't it?
Post a Comment